Sunday, May 16, 2010

My 28th Birthday!!

Matthew kept our tradition alive ... waking up to cinnamon rolls!!
But this morning was more than cinnamon rolls ... all of our "friends" woke up to come to my birthday party!!

All of our "friends" around the table ... My American girl Molly, Kitty (our Build-a-Bear), Beary (a bear our friend Strickland gave to Matthew after his back surgery), Froggie, Flo, penguin, a squash to represent the size of Mariel, and the rest of the gang "sent" notes!! It was fun and in Matthew's words "Cheesy." But I loved every moment!!

A close-up of Beary, Kitty, and Molly ...

Barky, Flow, and Froggie

Matthew found the Easter candy I looked for after Easter and saved it for me. Also, he gave me the green book and Baldedash!!
Then we spent the day resting (and I worked on my mom's quilt). Afterwards, we went to the Southern Rail for a birthday dinner. This turned out to be a neat restaruant in Carroboro constructed out of old rail cars.

The front of the restaurant.

Matthew waiting on our food! We had spinach artichoke dip, NY strip sandwich, and
the house salad with chicken ...

and creme brulee for dessert!!! So good!!

And this was the end of a wonderful dinner and day!!
Thanks Matthew for making my 28th birthday wonderful!!
And thanks to all of you for the phone calls, texts, and facebook messages!!

No comments:

Post a Comment