Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Morning in the Garden

With two days of rain this week (over 4 inches at camp), the Camp Chestnut Ridge garden looked beautiful this morning. We harvested an assortment of lettuce, broccoli, kale, snap peas, and carrots.

I'm weeding the cilantro. We let the cilantro go to bloom, because the "good bugs" like it. As I was weeding, a toad that jumped out at me. :)

Tony and Mark are hard at work; they come almost every Saturday - if not more!

Three girls hard at work ... weeding then planting beans.




It was a great day at the farm! And then I picked strawberries on my way home, but I think it's the last few days of strawberry picking at the Waller Strawberry Farm in Durham :( ... I had to be careful to pick ones that weren't rotten on the plant. But I can't wait to eat the ones I picked!!

And Matthew!! He's a focused and efficient student - refusing to get behind.
We send our love from NC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment