Saturday, October 2, 2010

Randomness - to show a little growth of Mariel

Tickling Mariel at 37 weeks :)

Matthew in the midst of his art project ...

It's complete ... Matthew's artwork!

Nanny Kacal made me a dress ... I love it!
(I don't know if you can tell that I'm pregnant from the front.)

I'm guessing this is around 37.5 weeks, but if you look behind me, we got a chair to rock Mariel in upon her arrival!! We can't wait!!

And then last Saturday (9/25), we went to the Duke Homestead and learned about the tobacco industry. Here are few pictures to document our adventure:

Tobacco hung our to dry in the barn

Matthew thought it would be cute to take a picture of me ... with belly and bottom protruding from the tree ... I think I look like an ostrich ...

Hanging out by the trailor the Duke's used to transport tobacco to the auctions.

This is a picture of a barn where the tobacco is sorted in quality.

The grapevine behind the Duke's home.

So, we dislike snakes to a high-degree and were watching out for them on our hike; luckily, all we saw was this snake skin.

This is the end of our hike ... Next time we go, we'll have a little one to explore with!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look precious! I can't wait for little Mariel to get here! :)

    ReplyDelete